Amazon is constantly testing out new features and implementations. Those alterations are typically accompanied by some sort of lingo or naming scheme, as would be expected.
One of the more recent changes that retailers may have noticed is references to the Featured Offer and Amazon Featured Offer tips.
However, many are not too familiar with this term or how it relates to Amazon.
We seek to solve that problem.
Today, we will explore precisely what the Featured Offer is, as well as some Amazon Featured Offer tips for.
Let’s dig in.
What Is Amazon’s Featured Offer?
For those who have been scouring through Seller Central trying to figure out what the Featured Offer is and, many have likely come to the confounding conclusion that it is essentially the same thing as the Amazon Buy Box.
For those who have yet to stumble across the page, as:
“Offers for new products that we display on a product detail page with an Add to Cart button that customers can use to add items to their shopping carts.”
Yep. That sounds an awful lot like the Buy Box, all right.
Under this paradigm, when an Amazon shopper clicks on a product in the company’s marketplace, the page that follows will have a box in the top right corner that includes information as such:
- Details on shipping options
- Product availability
- An “Add to Cart” button
- A “Buy Now” button
- An “Add to List” button
Additionally, in relatively small font below the “Buy Now” button, consumers can see the name of the seller.
Naturally, whichever retailers score the Featured Offer slot will win the vast majority of sales for that product as long as they hold that position. This is because shoppers don’t really care who sells the item. They just care about the item itself.
This dynamic also mirrors the way in which the Buy Box tended to work. Therefore, for those who are familiar with the Buy Box feature, none of this is groundbreaking or revelatory.
So, if Amazon’s Featured Offer seems to be the same thing as the Buy Box, what exactly is the difference between these two elements?
In all honesty, it seems that the name is the only real differentiator.
The truth is that there are a multitude of benefits to. From all appearances, it would seem that Amazon is currently A/B testing its naming scheme for this feature and has presently landed on “Featured Offer.”
That said, let’s take a look at some Amazon Featured Offer tips, as well as how to qualify for this coveted level of visibility.
Amazon Featured Offer Tips: Six Tactics for Winning the Featured Offer
The fact of the matter is that when it comes to Amazon Featured Offer tips, there is a considerable amount of crossover with as well as using an understanding of Amazon SEO strategies as a means to.
That said, some of the most effective Amazon Featured Offer tips include:
1. Meet Featured Offer Eligibility Requirements
As it stands, to win the Amazon Featured Offer slot, retailers must meet the company’s. Those conditions dictate that retailers must possess a professional selling account.
From there, Amazon recommends that sellers check to see if their items are eligible to be listed as the Featured Offer. This can be checked in Seller Central by navigating to Manage Inventory > Preferences > Buy Box Eligible > Save Changes.
From here, the Buy Box eligible column will showcase the status for each individual ASIN.
2. Increase Sales Volume
Sales volume is a critical component to winning the Featured Offer slot on Amazon.
Frankly, if a magic number does exist, Amazon has not revealed that figure. Therefore, retailers must simply do their best to elevate sales volumes in any way that they can and sustain those conversion levels.
Fortunately, there are a multitude of ways that sellers can use to.
For instance, retailers can start by optimizing their product listings to achieve greater visibility and consumer appeal. Merchants are also wise to implement.
It is also advisable for retailers to run ad campaigns on Amazon, as well as externally, as this can help to get products in front of the right people instead of waiting for them to find the item themselves.
These are just a few of the tactics that Amazon sellers can use to up their sales volume in a bid to win the Featured Offer slot.
3. Maintain Stellar Seller Metrics
Another Amazon Featured Offer tip is to sustain excellent seller metrics. Frankly, there are a variety of to ensure that their store is consistently providing a great customer experience.
Some of the ones that retailers should pay particular attention to include:
- Product Ranking: Naturally, retailers should aim to get their products on the first page of Amazon’s search results for targeted keywords.
- Seller Rating: Merchants should make sure that they are scoring well in areas like shipping time, order cancellations, customer inquiries, customer reviews, chargebacks and A-to-Z guarantee claims. Retailers should aim to maintain a 90 percent rating or higher.
- Unit Session Percentage Rate: This is similar to conversion rates where sellers divide the number of order units by the number of total sessions.
- Units Ordered: While this figure will differ for every seller, merchants should aim to maintain a steady flow of orders and seek to increase sales week-over-week.
- Order Defect Rate: This metric actually uses several different metrics when determining if an order is defective. For an order to be ruled as “defective,” it must either receive a negative review (one or two stars), a chargeback or an A-to-Z guarantee claim. Order defect rates must remain under one percent.
- Inventory Performance Index: This metric takes into consideration a merchant’s excess inventory and if units are stranded. The inventory performance index is scored from 0 to 1,000.
- Fulfillment Performance: Given that Amazon is generally well-known for above-average customer service, the company expects sellers to help maintain this reputation. Therefore, retailers are expected to sustain pre-fulfillment cancellation rates that are under two and a half percent and late shipment rates under four percent.
4. Maintain Competitive Pricing
Admittedly, “competitive pricing” is a rather vague and ambiguous term as there is no definitive price range that products should fall within.
Not only does “competitive pricing” depend on the item itself and what other retailers are selling it for, but supply chains also play a considerable role in this figure.
As the surplus inventory of an item on Amazon begins to dwindle, retailers can increase prices and still be considered competitive. However, if merchants raise their prices too high, then it is likely that it will take them significantly longer to earn the Featured Offer spot.
In fact, sellers are likely to receive an email from Amazon which tells the recipient that a specific item in their catalog is not eligible for the Featured Offer spot as the item is not priced competitively enough when compared with other sellers outside of Amazon’s platform. The email will then give a recommendation on how retailers can lower their price to become Featured Offer eligible.
On the flip side of this equation, it is also not wise to price products too low either. The reality is that shoppers will often associate overly inexpensive products with low quality, thereby turning consumers off from the item. Ultimately, this results in less traffic to product listings, reduced sales volume and less visibility in the Amazon SERPs.
Therefore, Amazon Featured Offer tips would dictate that sellers implement an automated repricing tool to help ensure that they are not left vulnerable to either of the aforementioned scenarios.
5. Provide Fast Shipping
Some of the (and sign up for Amazon Prime to begin with) are fast shipping and free shipping.
The easiest for retailers to guarantee that consumers receive this kind of shipping is to utilize Fulfilled by Amazon (FBA), as the company will use its seemingly infinite resources to ensure that orders are filled quickly and delivered on time.
Similarly, to help manage a company’s presence on the platform is one of the more influential ways of scoring the Featured Offer slot.
Therefore, where Amazon Featured Offer tips are concerned, it is wise for retailers to use FBA. While not using this service won’t preclude sellers from landing in the Featured Offer spot, it could work against them.
6. Maintain Healthy Inventory Levels
Plainly put, if merchants want to score the Featured Offer slot, then they can’t run out of product. After all, if sellers don’t have an item in stock, then they can’t be featured in this position.
That said, even if an item is in stock, merchants must maintain such an adequate supply that buyers can receive their products promptly. If retailers only have a handful of items left to sell and it will take several weeks to restock, then Amazon is likely not to grant that seller the Featured Offer spot.
With these six tips outlined, retailers who want to dominate the competition on Amazon will go a step further and take a look at Amazon’s inner workings.
How to Rank and Increase Sales Velocity on Amazon
For those who did not realize it, the aforementioned list of Amazon Featured Offer tips has a considerable amount of crossover with what merchants must do to rank well on Amazon’s platform.
The fact is that when one takes and what factors are taken into consideration for boosting visibility, retailers will come to realize that many of the same factors that apply to Amazon Featured Offer tips are in this area as well.
For instance, some of the many factors that Amazon takes into consideration when ranking products include:
- Sales Performance History: This is the sales velocity for an item. Under this umbrella, Amazon also looks at organic sales, internal sales and sales from campaigns, as well as off-site sales.
- Price: If there are a variety of merchants selling the same item, Amazon is likely to feature the one with the lowest price, though this is not guaranteed.
- Availability: If a merchant runs out of inventory, their product listing is likely to decrease in visibility or disappear altogether. Similarly, if a retailer runs out of units to sell, they will not win the Featured Offer slot.
- Conversion Rates: This is the ratio at which consumers view a product and go on to purchase the item. The higher the conversion rate and the higher the product rank, the more likely that item is to win the Featured Offer position.
- Seller Authority: Seller authority is influenced by a multitude of factors such as how long the merchant has been selling on Amazon, the merchant’s feedback rating and performance metrics, as well as other factors. Obviously, many of these elements play into winning the Featured Offer spot.
Therefore, understanding just how many Amazon ranking factors also impact a seller’s ability to earn the Featured Offer slot, the best possible Amazon Featured Offer Tip that we can give is to become extremely familiar with and to apply these concepts to optimize product listings.
By optimizing Amazon product listings, retailers can increase their sales velocity and seller authority, thereby helping them to win the Featured Offer.
While all of these Amazon Featured Offer tips are helpful, and many of them are advocated by Amazon itself, it is essential to remember that the company’s algorithm for awarding a product the Featured Offer position is still mainly a secret.
However, we are aware of enough of the considerations to cobble together a rough blueprint for earning this coveted spot.
Therefore, by adhering to the Amazon Featured Offer tips outlined above, merchants are far more likely to get their products into this position, thereby helping to skyrocket sales and eCommerce revenue.
That said, if your company would like some help in increasing its sales velocity so that it can land in the Featured Offer slot, reach out to.
Our expert team of Amazon advertising specialists can help get your products in front of the right shoppers at the ideal moment, thereby increasing product listing traffic, sales and conversion rates.